published on 05/19/2022 18:04 / updated on 05/19/2022 19:04
Donations will be distributed to institutions that serve people in vulnerable situations – (Credit: Minervino J?nior/CB/DA Press)
The low temperatures recorded this Thursday (19/5), in the Federal District, leave no doubt: the cold has arrived. And, with it, concern for the capital’s homeless population, who are also facing a sharp drop in thermometers, even though winter has not officially started. To serve this public, organizations and entities of the DF have planned campaigns to donate coats, socks and blankets, with the aim of initiating a wave of solidarity in the city.
In Asa Norte, the town halls of blocks 215, 216, 416 and 415 have launched a fundraising campaign. Those interested in donating can search for one of the spots (see below) or contact WhatsApp for door-to-door pickup. Among the donations received are warm clothes, blankets and clothes in good condition. Donations will be passed on to the homeless in the neighborhood and to CentroPop, a GDF body serving the homeless.
The Federal District Military Police (PMDF) also launched the fundraising campaign. All units of the corporation will receive donations until 17 (June). The DF Military Fire Department (CBMDF) has confirmed that they will be promoting the Solidarity Warm Clothing 2022 campaign, starting next Friday (5/20). Donations can be delivered to any of the company’s operational headquarters, Physical Training Center, located in South Police Sector (SPS), Military Fire Academy and General Command Headquarters, in the municipal administration sector (SAM).
Last year, the clothing campaign of the Regional Council of Engineering and Agronomy of the DF (Créa-DF) served 50 homeless people with the motto “Your donation warms the heart”. For this year, the objective is to double the number. Therefore, interested parties can bring warm clothes, blankets, socks, gloves, caps, hoodies, to collection points, located at the main entrance of Crea-DF headquarters (SGAS 901 Conj D), near the car park. For questions or more information contact us by phone 3961-2816 or 99845-9208 (Whatsapp).
The National Indian Foundation (Funai) also launched the Warm Clothing Campaign this year, benefiting indigenous families of ethnic groups such as the Guajajara, Kariri-Xocó and Tuxáque, who live in the northwest sector. Donations are received by employees of the institution and certain employees. The distribution of warm clothes is carried out in person in the community by Funai’s Social Protection Coordination, but it counts on the participation of all employees of the foundation’s headquarters, in addition to the voluntary collaboration of civil society.
Objects can be deposited in the boxes next to the elevators on the floors of the Funai headquarters (Edifício Parque Cidade Corporate, Tower B). For more information, call (61) 3247-6860 or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection points in Asa Norte
– SQN 416 town hall, from 7 p.m., with guards;
– Block N (with Ronaldo);
– SQN 415 town hall, from 7 p.m., with guards;
– Home collection can also be arranged by WhatsApp (61) 98166-6074 (Ronaldo).
PMDF collection points
– All Military Police positions in the DF;
– Deliveries until the next 17;
CBMDF collection points
– Any operational headquarters of the corporation, at the Physical Training Center, located in the South Police Sector (SPS), at the Military Academy of Firefighters and at the Command Headquarters, in the Municipal Administration Sector ( SAT).
Créa-DF collection points
– Main entrance to the Crea-DF headquarters (SGAS 901 Conj. D), near the car park.
– For questions or more information contact us by phone 3961-2816 or 99845-9208 (Whatsapp).
Funai Collection Points
– Boxes near the elevators on the floors of the Funai headquarters (Edifício Parque Cidade Corporate, Tower B).
– For more information, call (61) 3247-6860 or contact us by e-mail email@example.com.