– What is Blockchain?
– Blockchain is a technology that dates back to the 1970s, but it really accelerated and developed from 2008 onwards. Blockchain is primarily a technology for storing and transmitting information. This technology offers high standards of transparency and security because there is no central control body. In concrete terms, the blockchain enables its users, connected in a network, to share data without an intermediary. It offers significant economic, financial and social perspectives in a world that increasingly demands security and trust. It is behind cryptocurrency and NFTs…
– What about NFTs?
– NFT or Non-fungible token are tamper-resistant digital certificates that certify the authenticity of a virtual object and make it possible to certify digital information. With NFTs, the information is certified as unique. For example, it could very well be real estate. This was the subject of my penultimate book in 2020.
– Is this the future for business leaders?
– Yes. Entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, managers, Business Angels, investment funds, crypto asset investors, innovators and curious people have realized that today there is a great challenge to understand this technology.
– So this guide is for them?
– Yes. It is intended both for them and for anyone who believes that there is a great challenge in understanding this technology today. It makes it possible to understand and implement this technology that is disrupting all sectors and for this I give many examples. You should know that cryptocurrency or digital currency like bitcoin represents a total volume of $15,000 billion in the world today! 300 million people own cryptocurrency today. In France the rate is 8%. Today, cryptocurrency is highly regulated with the PACTE Act, the Business Growth and Transformation Action Plan. Consumers are protected. In Corsica, the institutions are starting to get going.
– You also use the term metavers, web3…
– A metaverse is a kind of parallel, virtual world, which originated in video games. A world that is thus connected to the internet and allows a user to travel and exchange in virtual spaces, to share with other users. The term has been around for thirty years. Today 3 billion people play video games…
– In the first place, the Internet provided access to information, to knowledge. This is called Web 1. Then came Web2. With the internet we could read, create, communicate, for example with social networks. Nowadays, with web3, all information is stored in data centers. This gives internet users the opportunity to control, improve, protect their data without intermediaries and thus to process information more intelligently.
– How does Corsica fit into this new world, or almost?
– At the moment there are only about twenty entrepreneurs who are immersing themselves in this technology. But there are some very good examples. For example, I know a young man who lives in St Florent and runs his business with employees in the US. Frankly, Corsica has a good chance to play in this area. There really is a way to create great things. The advantage of this technology is that there are no borders, the goal is worldwide. It allows you to rejuvenate your business, target new audiences and position yourself as an innovator.
– As they say, you fell into the pot very early … 26 years old and already 4 books on the subject …
– Precisely sacred prefaces especially those of Marco Landi, president of the EuropIA Institute, former Apple president?
– Yes, it’s an honor! I managed to get in touch with him! There is also that of Faustina Fleuret, Chairman and CEO of theAdam, testimonials from important people of that world such as Anne-Sophie Bordry or even from here, André Bonapersona.
*Eyrolles editions. Already available for pre-order or from October 20 on the different platforms: Amazon, Fnac, Eyrolles, les ferrets du nord